LifeSnapz Named Finalist for Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LifeSnapz Named Finalist for ITA CityLIGHTS Award
Company is pioneering the development of a Web-based platform to record history in a unique, open and collaborative manner
Chicago, Illinois – April 2, 2009 – LifeSnapz, Inc. today announced that the company has been named a finalist for an Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS award, in the Newcomer Award category.
The Newcomer Award is presented to the company that has the strongest potential to emerge from its start-up phase to become a solid presence in the technology marketplace. Nominees are judged on the following criteria. The award winner must:
• Be a start-up (less than three years old);
• Have exhibited some early inroads in developing a sustainable business model;
• Have established revenues or early funding from recognized funding sources;
• Provide a unique service or product offering;
• Demonstrate solid management capabilities;
• Offer a compelling and innovative perspective on a marketplace;
• Show the opportunity to build a business on technology; and
• Demonstrate community and industry involvement.
LifeSnapz’s unique proposition is to enable people and entities to collaboratively record history using the Web. The company’s platform is uniquely built to chronicle events (what happened, where it happened, when and who was there) using photos, videos, text and tags. The events can be viewed and explored in a variety of ways- via timelines, maps and lists – and they can be instantly customized based on time, place or event type.
• LifeSnapz.com is focused on enabling individuals to capture and explore life events and share them with trusted groups like families, friends and classmates. LifeSnapz.com launched in September 2008.
• Timelines.com is a site where people and entities can collaboratively chronicle and share events in an open and public forum. Events can be significant world events (such as a political speech or international gathering) or highly localized events (a business opening, a concert, or a community fund raiser). Similar to LifeSnapz.com, events can be explored with timelines, maps and tags. Timelines.com will be launching in April 2009.
“We are thrilled to be nominated for an ITA CityLights Award,” said Brian Hand, CEO and co-founder of Lifesnapz. “LifeSnapz is doing some innovative work on the Web and it is very gratifying to be recognized for it.”
For the first time ever, members of Illinois’ technology community are invited to cast their vote to help determine the winners. Voting is available through the event Web site at www.itacitylights.com and limited to ITA association members and gala attendees. Voting is open now and closes at 11:59pm on April 8, 2009.
ITA will present the awards, which honor outstanding information technology companies, executives and advocates in Illinois, to the winners at ITA’s 10th annual CityLIGHTS Gala on April 23 at Union Station in Chicago. All Illinois companies and executives are invited to attend the event, which is the largest gathering of technology executives in the state.
“Year after year, CityLIGHTS nominees continue to raise the bar,” said Fred Hoch, president of ITA. “We wish all of our finalists the best of luck as ITA members vote to choose this year’s winners.”
ITA CityLIGHTS finalists are selected by a group of judges who represent various sectors of Illinois’ business community. ITA selected the judges based on their experience in the field and ability to fairly evaluate each entry.
About LifeSnapz, Inc.
LifeSnapz, Inc. enables the collaborative recording of history using the Web. The Company has two sites: LifeSnapz.com and Timelines.com. LifeSnapz.com enables people to record and share events related to trusted groups like families, friends and classmates. Timelines.com enables people and entities to record events and history in an open and public forum.
About the ITA
The Illinois Technology Association (ITA) represents the interests of a diverse membership of more than 550 companies in Illinois that create, deploy and utilize information technology as a core part of their organization. By connecting members with industry peers and participants, providing the latest strategic information, market research and critical market insight and by promoting key thought leaders to raise visibility and gain a greater market awareness and presence, ITA is focused on building and developing the Illinois technology community through collaboration. Additional information is available at www.illinoistech.org.
Bob Armour for LifeSnapz, +1.312.560.8088, email@example.com
Lee Figora, Ruder Finn for ITA, +1.312.329.3978, firstname.lastname@example.org